Mudskipper (www.mudskipper.biz) is a healthcare communications business that provides highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients. We have a reputation for excellence that is built on scientific expertise and strategic acumen, combined with a healthy splash of creative flair, and we take pride in our personalized approach that has led to many long-standing client partnerships.
Mudskipper is part of AMICULUM, an independent family of healthcare communications, consulting and learning businesses with offices in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. Our agencies offer services in medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our team has developed an excellent reputation with our global clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
This success means that we are creating a new opportunity for an experienced medical writer to join our team and be part of the future of our business. The role can be based from any of AMICULUM’s UK offices, with home-working flexibility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing high-quality, creative and impactful scientific content for a range of communications, including traditional and digital medical education, publication planning and delivery, and virtual and face-to-face (one day!) educational meetings
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and maintaining a high quality of content that is in line with the project objectives and brief
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external HCPs and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with colleagues, client teams and external experts
You will be a medical writer with at least 12 months’ experience working in a medical communications agency, and you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content.
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two industry-leading annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at Mudskipper.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.