AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We have made substantial progress towards achieving that goal and now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
As our business has grown, we have developed our in-house design capabilities and now have an independent, multidisciplinary team that supports our global agencies. We have designers based across our global locations and we’re excited to be creating a new opportunity for a designer to join our team in the UK.
Members of our team at AMICULUM Design are experts in communicating complex science through the application of a broad range of creative approaches. Our designers work alongside our medical writing, editing and account management teams to create content for a variety of purposes, including slides for creative and scientific presentations, figure redraws and tables for congress posters, digital platforms, and technical illustrations for educational materials.
As a result of exciting business growth, we have a new vacancy for an eLearning and multimedia presentation designer to join our UK-based team. This role can be based from our offices in Bollington (Cheshire), Manchester or Richmond (London) with some home-working flexibility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on a wide range of multimedia projects, including presentation design, eLearning and UX design, and rich-media applications
- Editing and creating video / animation to enhance the scientific narrative
- Producing infographics and data visualizations to communicate complex science through simple creative visuals
- Liaising with internal clients to advise on the creative direction of digital and presentation design projects
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of digital platforms, cost and time
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients and colleagues
You will be a talented designer with a passion for eLearning and multimedia presentation design. From previous experience, you will have gained expertise in composition and typography, as well as illustrative and interactive design. You will be accomplished in designing for Microsoft PowerPoint, Articulate Storyline, and using Adobe Creative Suite to create new design assets for a range of projects. Prior experience in the healthcare communications industry is beneficial but not essential.
You will reflect the core values we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will be passionate about new trends in design and will have an interest in science and biology
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will understand the importance of technical accuracy and quality
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two industry-leading annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
We ask that all applicants supply a CV, covering letter and portfolio in support of their application, detailing their experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.