AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We have made substantial progress towards achieving that goal and now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our teams have developed an excellent reputation with our clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
As we are expanding our business in Asia, we are looking for an experienced medical writer, based in the UK, to join our team and support colleagues in Singapore and Shanghai on a range of regional accounts and projects for clients in Asia. For an experienced medical writer, this would be a rare opportunity to gain experience in one of the most exciting and rapidly developing areas of healthcare communications.
In order to collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients in Asia, this new role would require adjusted hours of working. You could be based at any of AMICULUM’s UK offices or work remotely, with occasional trips to our offices as and when conditions allow. In time, there could be opportunities for international travel to support delivery of client activities in Asia and/or relocation. We would be pleased to discuss such opportunities further.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the development of strategic content plans for accounts and projects
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications and target audiences, according to scientific evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with and supporting colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content through project briefings and technical reviews
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external expert contacts
You will be an experienced/senior medical writer who has worked for medical communications agencies for at least a few years, and you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content.
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit www.amiculum.biz or contact a member of our recruitment team.