Following the launch of Cogent in 2021, we’re looking for an experienced writer who is excited by the opportunity to play a role in shaping our agency, adding their experience and knowledge to a team driven to create, captivate and communicate in a rapidly changing healthcare communications landscape.
The right candidate will be eager to use both their strategic skills and creative flair! Take the next step in your editorial career and play a key role working with the Cogent team to create impactful communications in partnership with one of our key clients.
The role will involve leading the partnership with our clients, producing strategically aligned but tailored content for multiple audiences across all the indications for one therapy in the rare disease arena. You’ll work with our team of writers to create impactful and emotive messaging that drives behavioural changes to be rolled out across a range of tactics including modular content, training apps, infographics, objection handlers and training decks.
The role will require you to develop a deep understanding of the clients’ challenges and strategic approach. You will use this knowledge to ensure consistency across the different workstreams, to help writers develop their strategic awareness, and to recommend targeted solutions to the client.
- Develop a trusted partnership with the clients, leading client communication as needed on both scientific content and strategic approach
- Create high-quality and impactful scientific content according to scientific data and evidence, in line with the client’s strategy and project objectives
- Work closely with the writing team to develop their messaging skills, strategic awareness and client liaison skills
- Review content developed by the team for alignment with existing messaging, client strategy and project objectives
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content
- Work with the commercial and leaderships teams to support team coordination and resourcing needs
What you’ll need
- At least two years of relevant agency experience in medical communications
- An aptitude for building relationships and trusted partnerships with clients
- Ability to adapt your writing and communication style to the interests of the target audience to create tailored communications that can be used across multiple channels
- Ability to work with a team of writers to help them achieve the aspirations of the client
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, collaborating effectively with colleagues to ensure projects are delivered to the expected standard, timelines and budget
- The ability to see the bigger picture and recognise opportunities, approaching challenges with a solution-focused attitude
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer advance that further the success of our business.
In return, we offer:
- Hybrid working options as standard
- Continual learning and professional development opportunities
- Two annual bonus schemes
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life and income protection insurance
We ask that all applicants supply a CV and covering letter in support of their application, detailing their experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
Cogent is part of AMICULUM, an independent family of 11 branded agencies that deliver communications and consultancy services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and health technology companies across the world. For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit our website or contact a member of our careers team.