AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and creative design.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our teams have developed an excellent reputation with our clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
Due to AMICULUM growth, we are seeking medical editors to join our existing team in the UK; we have opportunities at different entry levels, depending on experience. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a high-performing team, have excellent communication skills, possess Microsoft Office skills and have an innate attention to detail. Although AMICULUM has several UK offices, we would also be open to considering fully remote, UK-based workers for this role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Editing a range of materials to agreed style/specification, including checking content, accuracy, consistency and grammar
- Maintaining high-quality outputs for aligned projects
- Liaison with account team colleagues
- Liaison with designers regarding layouts and design work; management of the print/production process
- Management of abstract and manuscript submissions
- Proficient use of reference management programs
- Guidance on copyright need and seeking permissions
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- High standards of accuracy and consistency
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Competence with Microsoft Office programs (especially Word and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent team-working
- Ability to prioritize and manage a range of different projects
- Graduate in life sciences or English
Previous editorial experience in a medical communications agency or publishing company is desirable for a more senior-level role, but not essential for entry-level candidates.
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and your interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.