Delta Kn (www.delta-kn.biz) is a leading global healthcare communications business that provides tailored medical education and healthcare learning to global pharmaceutical industry clients. We cater for a wide range of audiences throughout the pharmaceutical product lifecycle and produce bespoke learning programmes, virtual events and digital tools and resources.
Delta Kn is part of AMICULUM, an independent family of healthcare communications, consulting and learning businesses with offices in New Zealand, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. Our agencies offer services in medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering this through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our team has developed an excellent reputation with global clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
This success means that we are creating a new opportunity for an account manager to join our team and be part of the future of our business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading client communications and becoming their point-of-contact for project delivery, across a range of activities from strategy planning and internal training (such as eLearning programmes, virtual events and point of need tools) through to external education and engagement for a variety of audiences
- Driving effective project management to ensure that programmes are delivered on time, on scope and to budget
- Managing programme finances and timelines, paying close attention to detail and ensuring programme success
- Playing a critical role in the collaboration between our internal specialist teams – commercial, editorial, technical, design and digital – for successful programme delivery
- Reviewing project deliverables for clarity, accuracy and alignment with project objectives, taking into consideration creative, UX and client preferences, ensuring agreed workflow and best practices are followed throughout project lifecycle
- Obtaining an understanding of client objectives and needs and identifying opportunities for future collaboration with the support of senior team members
- Maintaining timely and clear communication throughout each project to keep AMICULUM, third party, and client teams up to date
You will be a motivated and driven individual with previous experience working in a medical/healthcare communications, digital or creative agency, and have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. You will demonstrate excellent programme management skills and be passionate about delivering a superb service to your clients.
You will be self-motivated, with a knack for planning and a willingness to get involved in client project delivery and team coordination, including overseeing project accounting tasks.
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record, ideally in a scientific area but this is not essential
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the accuracy of your work
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and the projects that you are part of
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
We ask that all applicants supply a CV and covering letter in support of their application, detailing their experience and interest in working at Delta Kn.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.