AMICULUM was established in 2001 when we set out to build an independent global healthcare communications agency from scratch. Our business has grown steadily year on year and now comprises over 300 talented health communications professionals based in New Zealand, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, UK, Switzerland, UAE and the USA.
Our teams deliver highly specialized services, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases and genomic medicine communications, as well as digital engagement, to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
Due to the continued success of our business in China and East Asia, we are looking for an experienced medical writer to join our talented team in Shanghai. The successful applicant will work alongside colleagues on a wide range of medical communications assignments designed to meet the needs of our clients in China (primarily the Chinese subsidiaries of global pharmaceutical companies).
This represents a rare opportunity for a medical writer based in China to extend their skills and life experience by working for an established and highly reputable global healthcare communications agency, which has demonstrated a long-term commitment to this exciting market.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications and target audiences according to scientific evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Adapting writing style and tone to meet the needs of different audiences
- Collaborating effectively with colleagues, external experts and client teams as part of an integrated account team to deliver projects to the highest standard
- Building positive relationships with client and clinical experts
- Gaining an in-depth understanding of the relevant therapy areas
You will be a medical writer who has worked for medical communications agencies for at least a few years, and you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate, and engaging content.
You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a degree in medicine and strong academic record (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Solid medical writing skills: you will be familiar with development of routine medical communication deliverables, such as PPT decks, detail aids, newsletters, meeting reports, etc
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business; in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, which includes two annual bonus schemes.
How to apply
We ask that all applicants supply an English-language CV and covering letter in support of their application, detailing their experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit www.amiculum.biz or contact a member of our recruitment team.