AMICULUM was established in 2001 when we set out to build an independent global healthcare communications agency from scratch. Our business has grown steadily year on year and now comprises over 300 talented health communications professionals based in New Zealand, Singapore, China, Hong Kong, UK, Switzerland, UAE and the USA.
Our teams deliver highly specialized services, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases and genomic medicine communications, as well as digital engagement to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our teams have developed an excellent reputation with our clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
Due to the continued growth and recognized success of our team in the US, we have a new opening for an experienced, enthusiastic medical writer to join our existing team based in the UK. You will lead and contribute to several accounts, covering a variety of project types and therapy areas, and adopt a modified work schedule to effectively collaborate across time zones, ideal if you’re always hitting snooze on the morning alarm...
You could be based at any of AMICULUM’s UK offices or work remotely, with occasional trips to our offices as and when conditions allow.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications (including slide sets, manuscripts and meeting materials), according to scientific data and evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content by supporting project briefings, technical reviews, training and mentoring
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external HCPs and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external experts
As an experienced medical writer with at least a few years of relevant agency experience in medical communications, you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/ biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require.
You’ll be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content and will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.