AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and creative design.
We pride ourselves on being able to deliver a great service to our clients in a highly collaborative, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment, with little hierarchy. Our talented, highly qualified line managers and employees are supported by a high-performing, friendly HR team and we are seeking an experienced HR professional to join them. You will partner with several AMICULUM teams and their agency/team leads to develop the people aspects of their businesses.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the HR lead and HR colleagues to deliver the AMICULUM HR plan in line with business priorities, with a focus on employee engagement and an open feedback culture
- Coaching and building the capability of line managers to anticipate and pre-empt issues, including facilitating the delivery of effective feedback and performance management
- Being the point of contact for your UK and overseas clients, providing expert advice, problem-solving and excellent client service on all aspects of HR practice throughout the employee lifecycle
- Providing support and advice on operational matters, including payroll, benefits and HR systems
- Closely working with the wider HR team to challenge and improve existing processes and to deliver business-critical HR projects
- Supporting the development of the HR team, including training, coaching and knowledge-sharing
We are looking for someone with the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Graduate and CIPD-qualified
- 5+ years’ generalist/business partnering experience, ideally from international professional services
- Unquestionable integrity and discretion coupled with excellent professional and business judgement
- Ability to develop trust and excellent working relationships with internal clients at all levels with well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a track record in developing line managers and other HR team members
- Collaborative, pragmatic team player and confident communicator (both verbally and in writing)
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law and HR process and practice
- Interested in building knowledge of international employment law and applying HR best practice to different jurisdictions
- Knowledge and experience to work independently and proactively, organizing and prioritizing own workload to meet commitments
- Capability of working at a strategic level but also happy carrying out related administrative tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility and positive attitude to innovation and change
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations, when applicable
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and your interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.