Seques (www.seques.biz) is the first global healthcare communications agency to specialize in the field of genomics. It combines expertise in genetics and healthcare communications to create scientifically accurate and impactful programmes in partnership with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and diagnostic clients.
Seques is the newest AMICULUM agency. AMICULUM is a leading independent global healthcare communications and consulting business, with teams based in New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. It comprises an integrated cluster of branded agencies and specialisms, encompassing medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our team has developed an excellent reputation with our global clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
As a result of exciting business growth, we have a new vacancy for a medical writer to join our UK-based team. This represents a rare and unique opportunity for an individual with a passion for genomic medicine and healthcare communication.
The role can be based from our UK offices, with home-working flexibility and some travel to other AMICULUM locations required. Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications (including slide sets, manuscripts and meeting materials), according to scientific data and evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content by supporting project briefings, technical reviews, training and mentoring
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external HCPs and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external experts
You will be a medical writer who has worked for medical communications agencies for at least three years and you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content. You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MSc or PhD preferred)
- A passion for all healthcare-related topics; experience in genomic medicine and/or oncology is preferable
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at Seques.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz.