AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We have made substantial progress towards achieving that goal and now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, support for market access, rare diseases and genomic medicine communications, as well as digital engagement and advocacy.
Our in-house technology and support team comprises a key part of the global business, maintaining the company’s network and communications infrastructure and supporting over 260 users around the world. As a result of exciting business growth, we have a new opportunity for an experienced IT technician to join our dedicated Desktop management team. This is an ideal role for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent knowledge of current hardware and software.
The role will be based from our Bollington office, with some home-working flexibility. Key responsibilities will include:
- Installation and deployment of desktop images and applications
- Vulnerability and threat endpoint management, including patch, driver, bios, encryption deployment
- Administering, monitoring, and managing the deployment of Windows updates and Microsoft Intune MDM
- Risk testing services and applications pre-deployment
- Administering and maintaining the operational integrity of workstations
- Ensuring that software is used in the terms of its associated license agreement and that all applications, desktops, are compliant with cyber essentials and ISO27001 accreditation
- Sharing knowledge and providing training for the team on any implementations
- Supporting the delivery of IT Infrastructure projects
- Flexibility with working patterns to allow for out-of-hours patching
- First- and second-line Service desk support to assist the wider team during busier periods and to cover annual leave
You will be an experienced IT professional with at least a couple of years’ experience working in a similar desktop management role. Demonstrating a proactive attitude and creative approach to problem solving, you will feel confident in taking ownership of your work. You will have excellent technical skills and an ability to express new ideas and ways of working is essential.
You will be able and willing to offer flexibility with your working hours and pattern on a regular basis to help ensure a good crossover with other IT team members in different locations and to provide a high level of support to other colleagues.
In addition, you will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Teamwork and collaboration: the ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of people, and a clear and confident style of written and verbal communication
- Accountability: an ability to work independently when managing your own workload, while providing an excellent service to our internal team
- Pragmatism: you will have a methodical approach to problem solving, responding to requests, and prioritizing tasks
Why work at AMICULUM?
We’re proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We’re committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path; we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
We ask that all applicants supply a CV and covering letter in support of their application, detailing their experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit www.amiculum.biz or contact a member of our recruitment team.