AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We have made substantial progress towards achieving that goal and now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access, rare diseases, genomic medicine, digital engagement, and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. Our teams have developed an excellent reputation with our clients for the quality of work that we deliver.
Due to the continued growth and recognized success of our team in the US, we are creating a new opportunity for an experienced medical writer, based in the UK, to lead and contribute to a number of accounts, covering a variety of project types and therapy areas.
In order to collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients in the US, this new role would require adjusted hours of working. You could be based at any of AMICULUM’s UK offices or work remotely, with occasional trips to our offices as and when conditions allow.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications (including slide sets, manuscripts and meeting materials), according to scientific data and evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content by supporting project briefings, technical reviews, training and mentoring
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external HCPs and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external experts
You will be an experienced medical writer with at least a few years of relevant agency experience in medical communications. You will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, and the support that our clients require. Above all, you will be an exceptional communicator with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into clear, accurate and engaging content. You will reflect the key attributes that we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have a strong academic record in biomedical science (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, life and income protection insurance, and 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.