AMICULUM was designed to be different. In 2001, we decided to build a global healthcare communications, consulting and learning business from scratch. We have made substantial progress towards achieving that goal and now have teams based across multiple locations in New Zealand, China, Singapore, UAE, Switzerland, UK and USA. We offer highly specialist services to global pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients, including medical communications, healthcare learning, clinical and commercial consultancy, market access support, rare disease and genomic medicine expertise, digital engagement and advocacy.
Our core expertise is developing accurate and engaging scientific content and delivering that through a variety of communication channels for maximum reach and impact. In 2016, we opened our New Zealand office with a core team of experienced medical writers, in order to build a team that could provide editorial expertise and support to clients and colleagues worldwide.
Since then we have created several new roles, offering training and development opportunities for aspiring and experienced healthcare communication professionals. As our business continues to grow, we are creating a new role for an experienced medical writer to lead and contribute to a number of accounts, covering a variety of project types and therapy areas. This position will be based from our office in central Auckland, with remote working flexibility.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Creating high-quality scientific content for a range of communications (including slide sets, manuscripts and meeting materials), according to scientific data and evidence and in line with project objectives and brief
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality of content by supporting project briefings, technical reviews, training and mentoring
- Adapting writing styles for different target audiences, including client teams, external HCPs and patients
- Working effectively and professionally with client teams and external experts
As an experienced medical writer who has worked for medical communications agencies for a number of years, you will have a good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and the support that our clients require. You will be an exceptional communicator, with a passion for transforming complex scientific information into accurate and engaging content, and have existing experience with development of a range of medical writing deliverables including manuscripts, slide sets, and meeting materials.
You will reflect the key attributes we look for in all colleagues, which are:
- Intellectual curiosity: you will have an accomplished academic record in biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Teamwork and collaboration: you will be an enthusiastic team member, collaborating with colleagues both locally and internationally to deliver industry-leading client service
- An exceptional eye for detail: you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work
- Accountability and responsibility: you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines
Why work at AMICULUM?
We are proud to be a flexible and inclusive employer that provides a supportive working environment. We are committed to developing the careers of our team members and encourage colleagues to create their own career path: we are a job-title-free business that offers progression based on knowledge, skills and ambition. We value creativity and encourage colleagues to offer ideas that further the success of our business, and in return, we offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package, including two annual bonus schemes, a generous pension scheme, and 24 days of annual leave plus public holidays.
How to apply
Please supply a CV and covering letter in support of your application, detailing your experience and interest in working at AMICULUM.
For more information about the AMICULUM story and our family of agencies, please visit https://www.amiculum.biz/ or contact a member of our recruitment team.